TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Hackathon on Plastic-Free Rivers with Artificial Intelligence Towards Sustainability hosted by REVA Academy for Corporate Excellence (RACE), REVA University, in partnership with Kyndryl. Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website(s), products (the “dataset”), and services. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these Terms or the Services, please contact us.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Courts in Karnataka. The organization is empowered to decide on any case not covered by the present Terms and Conditions.
This Agreement shall remain in effect for the duration of the Hackathon and perpetuity.
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall govern the Hackathon on Plastic-Free Rivers with Artificial Intelligence Towards Sustainability organized by REVA Academy for Corporate Excellence in partnership with Kyndryl.
By registering for the Hackathon, the participants (“Participants”) agree to abide by all the Terms and Conditions.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or change the date, venue, and time of the Hackathon. There will be no refund of any personal expenses participants incur if the Hackathon is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. The organizer reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notification, and you agree to be bound by such Terms and Conditions.
Private Code Sharing
During the competition, you are not allowed to privately share the source of executable code developed in connection with or based upon the competition data or other source or executable code relevant to the competition (“competition code”). This prohibition includes sharing competition codes between separate individuals. Any such sharing of the competition code is a breach of these Competition Rules and may result in disqualification competitions are open to residents of India and people with Indian work permits.
Data Winners Obligations
As a condition to being declared a winner, the individual must fulfill the following obligations.
- You represent and warrant that your submission is your original work, that you are the only and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submission, and that you have the authority to make the submission and give appropriate licenses.
- You agree not to make any submission that: Infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights, or any other rights, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations; or otherwise violates any applicable state or federal law.
- The intellectual property of your submissions belongs to Kyndryl.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, you always agree to indemnify and keep indemnified competition entities free of any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, and expenses resulting from any act, default, or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
- By accepting the prize, you grant the Competition Entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and submission in any media now known or hereafter devised, for promotional, advertising, and publicity purposes related to the competition, without further compensation or notification, unless prohibited by law.
Sharing and Accessing Information
This dataset is placed under the license Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0).
Citation: Schreyers, L. (Creator), Bui, T. K. L. (Creator), van Emmerik, T. (Creator) (1 Dec 2022). Drone images over the Saigon river – Hyacinth & Plastic patches. Wageningen University & Research. 10.4121/21648152
You are free to:
- Share – copy, and redistribute the material in any medium or format,
- Adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material for any commercial purpose.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike – If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Managing your Information
You can review and update your profile information once you are signed into your participant account with a registered User Id and password.
We collect information about your activity in our services, which may include:
- Views and interactions with content and ads.
- People with whom you communicate or share content (dataset).
- Which competition datasets you have viewed or downloaded.
*“Competition Datasets” means the data or datasets available from the competition website for the purpose of use in the competition, including any prototype or executable code provided on the Competition Website.
We may also implement on the Services third party content, such as advertising or analytic services, that uses “clear gifs,” “web beacons,” or other similar techniques, which allow the third-party
Content provider to read and write cookies to your browser or implement similar tracking mechanisms. This information is collected directly by a third party, and our organization does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s data collection, use, and disclosure policies. We currently implement services provided by Google Analytics and other analytics tools in control of our organization.
Safety & Reliability
We use the information to help improve the safety and reliability of our Services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm RACE, our users, or the public. For example, we collect and analyze IP addresses and cookie data to protect against automated abuse. This abuse can take many forms, such as sending spam to RACE users or launching a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.
We also analyze your content to help us detect abuse, such as spam, malware, and illegal content. When we detect spam, malware, illegal content, and other forms of abuse on our systems violating our policies, we may disable your account or take other appropriate action. We may also report the violation to the appropriate authorities in certain circumstances.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains how we process personal data and for what purposes.
We collect data from you through our interactions with you and the Hackathon. Your personal data includes the data you have submitted directly through the registration process (Representer & Team member data), e.g., name, contact details, email, etc., and some collective data through interaction by our team members for the smooth functioning of the Hackathon.
Note: We also collect data from third-party applications.
Use of Personal Data
We use the data to ensure that we have a better understanding of communication during the event or after.
- To create future events or artifacts related to the Hackathon.
- For technical training purposes.
- To advertise and market our programs, webinar, and announcement during and after the event.
- To analyze the performance, meet our legal obligations, develop our workforce, future reference, and research.
You agree to share your personal data with other organizations for legitimate purposes, with you accepting the terms & condition box during the registration process or after whenever you have been provided with such form.
For Legal Reasons
We will share personal information outside of RACE if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of RACE, our affiliates, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Services and protect or enforce third-party rights.
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with our partners —publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends in the general use of our Services.
- Prizes are non-transferable by the winner. Accepting a prize makes a prize recipient solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the prize.
- The cash rewards will be paid within 60 days of the hackathon date.
The cash rewards will see a deduction of TDS and other taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
The Terms and Conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions, or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Hackathon.